Well I thought I’d try something different this week so I looked for something that would be fairly easy to turn and something I could practice with. I found a video show how to turn a Honey Dipper. I thought that looks interesting so I’ll give it a go. I found a few scraps of Pine lying around so I had a go with them. Didn’t turn out too bad.
These are the best ones so far. I’ve destroyed a few while turning, and I’ve had a few catches with the gouge that have caused a bit of damage to the dippers as I was turning. Overall it’s been fun and I’ve been practicing and learning as I go.
I’ll do a few more of these as I’ve had a shop down the road, that sells honey, say they are interested in buying a few off me to sell along with their honey. If I can get up to a standard that they start to look the same I’ll ask how many they want. These may even start to pay for themselves.